Wednesday, March 05, 2008

YOUR PSYCHIC AWAKENING PART 3: CHAKRAS

This is the third in a series:
Your Psychic Awakening
Your Psychic Awakening 2: Meditation


When I give psychic and/or medium readings, I always include a guided meditation to cleanse the chakras. I did this partly so that I wouldn't be reading the client's wishes or desires, as opposed to an actual opportunity or concern, and also to cleanse and tune both of our energies to the reading.

Many people would report back to me afterward that something that had been bothering them physicially or emotionally had disappeared after the reading. These were often minor annoyances that had nothing to do with the reading. Sometimes the issue had come up during the session, and sometimes it had not.

I am sure everyone reading this has had the experience of getting a song, or a commercial jingle, stuck in their head. The same thing happens with emotions, thoughts, and psychic/spiritual energy. I'm sure many people reading this know what it is like to be around someone draining, where you feel exhausted physically even if you have just been sitting talking to them. (This could be an energy "vampire" or it could be that you are weak or unbalanced and reacting to an imbalance in their energy.)

We all sense each other's energy. Sometimes we will feel their "presence" or "confidence" or someone is emiting either positive or negative feelings-- an obviously happy person, or obviously angry or depressed-- or we pick up on their "vibes", vibrations. Many people see aura's, which are interpreted sometimes as the energy of that person's spirit, or the light from the chakras.

When you cleanse your chakras, it is like washing your face. You seem clearer and brighter. Even if there is damage or old wounds in one or more of your chakras, you will still seem "cleaner." (As cleansing your face of dirt often reveals acne, or a scar, or mark.)

Cleansing your chakras will enable you to work more directly with your psychic energy. Working with and learning the way your chakras feel and respond will also help you in your day to day life. Ken Keyes uses them as the seven center's of consciousness and learning them mentally will assist in seeing which chakra is responding to that situation at work, or what that energy vampire is draining. (Vampire's usually attack the third "earthly" chakra, the ego or solar plexus chakra, assigned the colour yellow in most New Age practices.)

The meditation that I use is pretty standard. You can find it in ASK YOUR ANGELS, a book that I recommend unhesitatingly to everyone, and also in CANDLE MAGICK by Kala and Ketz Pajeon. (A great beginner book for one of the basic arts of witchcraft.) I use a few chakras that they don't, and my meditation varies with the person and with the planetary activity, but both of these books will provide you with a basic understanding of the chakras and simple meditations.

(Wikipedia has an entry heavy on the Hindu use and history, but there is a simple chart showing the colours about halfway down the page.)

If you cannot do a chakra meditation with me or someone else, at least go to the Keyes link and read through the descriptions.

As I mentioned earlier, when people talk about the aura, they are really talking about one of two things. I believe that all people emit a light from their spirit-- a point sort of midway between and behind the heart and solar plexus chakra. I still have not identified if this light is the soul, belonging to this earthly incarnation but perhaps carrying with it information from other lifetimes or other planes, or if it is the spirit-- belonging solely to this incarnation and composed of all the "spirits" in the body, mind, heart and soul. (These are my definitions.)

The auric shield is a combination of energies from the chakra and personal energy. It extends out around the person in a kind of all encompassing sphere or egg shape. I always strengthen mine by making the outside a mirror. After I cleanse my aura and chakras I visualise the outside of my auric shield as a reflection back at the person looking at me. I visualise the mirror showing them the best in themselves. This serves to strengthen the good in everyone I meet, and it also protects me from bad energy.

No one will harm the part of themselves that they love and cherish most. In fact, I believe that sometimes people who are in a bad way have just not seen the good inside for too long. As I mentioned, other people do not see my energy the way I see their's, but they do at least sense it.

PRAISES, THANKS, & BLESSINGS!!!

PS- In the post on meditation, I meant to include a great breathing exercise by Dr. Andrew Weill called breath counting. Read about it here. It is the last one listed.

No comments: