Tuesday, March 25, 2008

YOUR PSYCHIC AWAKENING: ASTROLOGY

This post is part of a series.

Initially I had planned posts on Journaling and Ritual before this one. I was trying to list the various components of psychic/spiritual growth in terms of importance and difficulty level, and astrology requires a serious investment of time and study. However, journaling and ritual also require an investment of time and study. But of a more solitary nature, and requiring more inner direction. The study of astrology is much more accessible and convenient, in some ways.

More than one person has told me that they think I rely too heavily on astrology. However, no one who has seriously studied astrology ever says this. I believe this is because once you study astrology you come to understand it is a map and guidebook. Astrology is really a question, not an answer. The question is "How does my life and who I am fit in the Universe?"

A natal chart (where the planets were located at the time of your birth) is like the blueprints of a house. You don't have to live with that badly placed bay window or saggy porch, but you do need to know it is there and how it is made. (If you know the time and place of your birth, I recommend going to http://www.astro.com/ and reading the free sample they provide. If you have never had your chart done before you will be astounded.)

I believe that we are something created out of many different elements. We are the liver and skin and blood of animals, and of earthly appetites and needs. We must breathe, we must drink water, we must eat food, we must defecate. We must be born, and we must die. We must encompass the spirits of all of these things.

But we are given things not of the physical world, too. We have emotions, and we must learn to Love unconditionally, regardless (or because) of those feelings. We have thoughts, and we must learn to orchestrate the cacophony of our minds into a symphony. We have the Divine, and a thumbprint of Karma housed in our souls.

And I believe that we have the God/dess in us. We are each born with different ways that God/dess comes into the world. That is why mythic stories are so important, and especially in understanding astrology. I don't think it was chance or coincidence that the planets are named for the planetary rulers that govern them.

In your natal chart, your rising sign, or ascendant, is how you go through life. Where the moon is governs your day to day activities and how you conduct your mundane life. The placement of Venus will tell you a lot about how you are as a lover, and what you expect out of a relationship.

And I think that these planetary arrangements go both ways. Not just the gift/curse of the planets to you, but the way that those God/desses, or aspects of God/dess, want to interact on this planet. Which does not mean you have to be sentenced to a life of poverty because your Jupiter is retrograde in detriment in Gemini in the 12th house.

Huh? I know, that was complicated. That is my chart placement for Jupiter. This is usually interpreted as "money is hard to get and disappears the moment you get it." That does not mean that I cannot change that. But knowing that makes it easier to change. And makes me alert to the opportunities when the Universe offers them. (For instance, Jupiter is in my sun sign of Capricorn for the next two years.)

I don't know why Jupiter would want to manifest on this planet in such a tight, dark, narrow little space. Jupiter is big and bright and expansive. But the Divine is everything, even what is not beneficial to It's self. God/dess, as Alpha and Omega, beginning and end, dark and light, is even NOT God/dess. Easier to just accept that this was my karma, and learn to use this weakness as a strength, somehow.

Astrology is also the question "What is the Universe dealing with right now?" I think it was the Buddha who said "there is no higher spiritual reality than right here and now." (Or something close to that, but probably more eloquent sounding.) Everything that is happening in "heaven" or any other dimension, is also happening here.

Watching the aspects the planets make to each other can tell you what is happening on the spiritual planes. Everything we do on earth effects heaven, and everything in heaven effects what happens here. A healing among us here heals heaven. A war here creates a war on other planes, or dimensions. The more in tune you are with the Universal "weather" and "seasons" the more you can find balance and your authentic life.

And by authentic I mean a way through life that is close to effortless, that uses to the fullest your unique talents and gifts, and that guides you to greater and greater understanding, blessings, wholeness, and the giving and recieving of unconditional Love.

I began learning astrology back in the early 1990's by reading Rockie Horrorscope every week after the week was over. It was easier to see how the aspects worked by looking back. (I was also very skeptical at the time, and was testing astrology to see if it was "true.")

The next step was studying the moon. The moon rules day to day human activities. It was very obvious very fast that when the moon was in Gemini people talked a lot more. When the moon was in Cancer my co-workers frequented the candy dish on my desk a lot more.

If you've never studied astrology before, I encourage you to take some small steps, like getting your natal chart done. Or check Rockie every day for the aspects, and learn to see how they "feel" to you.

The energy that brought the last upgrade is waning. Unfortunately it looks to me that the people who were not able to absorb it or deal with it are kind of freaking out. Actually, the energy itself was a little freaky. But these are the times we are in. The end of the world as we know it, said the Mayans, and me. The Great Awakening.

One thing that helps with an upgrade of any kind is selenium. Especially if you find yourself craving garlic and onions. If you take a multi-vitamin, check if selenium is included. If not, get a seperate supplement. I think a 200mcg tablet cut in half is fine, but take it with Vitamin E. I suggest you read Weill on selenium before buying a supplement. (I don't think you will find anyone else talking about the selnium-psychic link. This is my own theory.)

PRAISES, THANKS, & BLESSINGS!!!

No comments: