Saturday, April 21, 2007

A WORLD SEEKING SANITY

I was going to title this post "A WORLD GONE MAD". Tonight when I logged on to the computer the headlines that greeted me were more details on the massacre at Virginia Tech, the existence of a video of a boy beheading a man, and another random shooter attacking NASA, killing two people.

I comfort myself with the thought that this is still news. That sensational news is still tragedy and sorrow. When it becomes sensational for something good to happen we truly will be a world gone mad. But on days like today, when my personal environment had a lot of rippling upheavals and changes, I feel a good measure of despair as to what direction world events are taking. (Although, forward or back I am not certain. It was commonplace up until the last two centuries for beheadings and hangings to be held in the town square. But these lone gunmen rampages, what is spawning them?)

I have been remiss, in a manner, for not writing something sooner and more in depth on the spiritual impact of the killings at Virginia Tech. There seems so much to process. And so many questions. I feel like a PC that has run out of memory-- too many windows open, too many programmes running. And I have not felt that I could post on The Secret, or the many astrological aspects that occurred this week, without addressing Monday's tragedy.

We are most certainly a world seeking sanity. Perhaps this weekend we can all take a moment to reflect, to pray, to give thanks, to find enough faith for ourselves and for others.

PRAISES, THANKS, AND BLESSINGS!!!

PS-- In regards to astrological events of significance, this week there was a new moon in Aries, Karma's agent Saturn turned direct, and the sun has entered Taurus. We are officially in the festival of Bealtaine. This year the day itself falls on sixth of May, with the Eve, or celebration, being the night of the fifth, Cinqo de Mayo. Appropriate for a feast that encourages outdoor coupling.

Bealtaine marks the waxing half of the year. What seeds are you nurturing? What seeds have you planted?

No comments: