Sunday, April 08, 2007

THE LIFE AND THE RESURRECTION

I have just finished reading Caroline Myss book WHY PEOPLE DON'T HEAL AND HOW THEY CAN. (It will be going on my recommend reading list.)

In it she talks about forgiveness and she points out that a necessary requirement to Jesus being able to perform the miracle of the Resurrection was his utterance "forgive them Father, they know not what they do" as he suffered on the cross.

Forgiveness does not condone bad behaviour or actions. It does not release (all) karmic reactions. It releases us of that which weighs us down, eats away at our hearts, and makes it difficult if not impossible to love unconditionally-- our most important reason for walking this earth.

I find forgiveness, of myself and other people, to be an ongoing process. I decide to forgive, and somehow, later on, nasty thoughts come creeping back in. Perhaps, if one is not being crucified and about to die, forgiveness, like everything else on this plane, is ephemeral.

One thing I have started doing (trying to do) every night before bed, is writing down all of the things that I need to forgive that have come up during the day. Both things I did and things that were "done" to me. I do this in my blessing book, where I write down the days blessings. (I am told this practice is encouraged in 12 step groups.)

Join me, if you would like, on this day of forgiveness, on this day of miracles, in forgiving those that have hurt you, and forgiving yourself for the "sins" you have committed against others, and against yourself.

PRAISES, THANKS, & BLESSINGS!!!

No comments: