Friday, March 02, 2007

FULL MOON IN VIRGO AND ECLIPSE

The moon is full in Virgo tomorrow, Saturday, March 3, 2007 at 1817 EST (6:17 PM). The eclipse comes a few minutes later at 1822 EST. Let's just review here: a full moon is actually a sun- moon opposition. The sun is in Pisces, ruled by Neptune, but before Neptune's "discovery" this was Jupiter's second house. The moon is in Virgo, Mercury's second house. In addition to the lunar eclipse, in the wee hours Sunday morning (4:17 AM) there is a moon-Jupiter square. Where an opposition is, well, opposing views, a square is more of a "I just really don't understand you, and further, you irritate me" kind of aspect.

If I didn't believe so firmly that astrology truly is a map of the heavens and the key to understanding how the universe works, and how it affects us, I would find these aspects, and additionally Mercury being retrograde, very ironic. As I have mentioned in other posts, I assign Mercury retrograde periods to be ruled by the Goddess Iris, and also give her the sign of Virgo. This weekend will be a revelation for many personally regarding the health of the body, the health of the planet, and the changing role of women in our society-- here in the United States especially.

And I think there also might be some earth shaking in those revelations. And more storms. And fires, accidents and explosions. And economic fluctuations. (Stock your disaster kits, check the computer and the car, drive safely, etc, etc.)

There is alot more to say about the astrology and aspects this weekend. Please, read Richard Nolle, Moonsurfing, Rockie at the LA WEEKLY, and Astrodienst (all under links on my sidebar).

Let me, here, just get down to the nitty gritty. IS YOUR LIFE WORKING? ARE YOU HAPPY? ARE YOU ABLE TO JOYFULLY ANTICIPATE THE FUTURE? ARE YOU IN CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE AND YOUR PEACE OF MIND?

Because if the answer is no, I hope you can brace yourself. This is just the beginning. If other people and outside circumstances have power over your state of mind, if you have not identified your own weaknesses, if you have not been learning to love yourself, to release the past and release your need to be right, I believe this year will only get worse from here on out.

For the most part you will not now or ever have control over other people or most of the events that will shape your life. If happiness is not the vehicle through which you travel life-- if instead it is a certain journey, road, or destination-- I believe it will be very hard for you this year.

All of us would probably prefer more money, time, beauty, love, etc. Decide that you will be happy in any circumstances. Find ways to express love to yourself and to others. Do your best to understand that you may not be able to have things the way you want them right now.

But most importantly, and again, this is just what I believe, understand that this year, if you count your burdens they will mutliply ten fold. If you fail to be thankful for that which you have it could be taken away from you. Constantly counting your blessings, believing in yourself and all the power you possess (even if you mostly feel powerless, just focusing on any and all strengths that you have), and having faith that this year of destruction and anger will pass is the only way you can make it through, and make it through triumphantly.

Be a light in the darkness. Be the calm shelter in the storm. Hold yourself steady and you will steady others. It won't be easy. But I believe in you. I have faith in you. And I have faith in myself. I have faith in the Gods and the planets and the stars.

Tomorrow, during the eclipse, or whenever you think of it, say it with me "I HAVE FAITH." Eclipses are considered times of loss in astrology, but in natural magick they are also times of miracles.

Please, say it to the moon and the stars, whisper it in the winds, pray it in your heart. "I have faith. I believe. I can be happy. I will be healthy. I shall be a steady light."

There is enough love for everyone. I have faith.

PRAISES, THANKS, & BLESSINGS

No comments: